- Been in BR all my life, except for a temporary three-month residence in Mississippi when I was two years old, but I don't like to admit that. It didn't take & we came home.
- Married to Jason for eleven years. Three kids - Regan (9), Morgan (7) & Logan (6).
- I've been at St. Luke's all of my life. I was baptized, confirmed, & married in the same 10 square feet.
- Educated at St. Luke's school through 4th grade, then Episcopal 5th - 12th. LSU - undergraduate degree in Accounting (1996), MBA in 1998.
- I was the Controller for MAPP Construction for 10 years. I've been a stay at home mom since 2011 & became Director of Children's Ministry at St. Lukes in 2013 as a side hustle.
ST. LUKE'S FAVORITES:
- Christmas Eve Service is my #1 favorite service at St. Luke's. I also love the new Easter tradition of flowering the cross Easter morning, and of course, the Easter Egg Hunt. I'm looking forward to future Trunk or Treats! I love our Holy Week traditions.
- Favorite memories go back to the Easter Egg hunts of the early 80s when the EYC would dye & hide real eggs. There was always a rotten one or two that we'd find during recess weeks later on the playground that hadn't been found during the hunt. I remember the risk of being a candle bearing acolyte with big bangs in the 80s, EYC trips to the beach, and reconnecting with friends at Camp Hardtner, Rally & Happening.
- Favorite scripture: Colossians 3:23 - "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for man."
- I love the welcoming atmosphere at St. Luke's. I enjoy the liturgical traditions we keep. I also love that we offer a large number of ministries. People like to serve in different ways, and we accommodate various preferences well.
- No time for hobbies really. I'm an entire season behind on This is Us and Scandal! It's a full time job keeping my kids on track with homework, sports, and trying to raise good little people! We did start a garden as a family last year, which was fun. I think we've learned from our mistakes & hope to be more successful this year! I will be serving on Episcopal High School's Parents Guild Executive Board and Board of Trustees next year, so that should eat up any remaining free time.
- Love the beach & after a week of snow skiing over Mardi Gras this year, I'm pretty sure that will be an annual trip!
- Having three kids involved with sports, that pretty much sucks up our weekends. Family dinner on Sunday with my parents is something we try to make happen every week. We enjoy entertaining at our house for football games, crawfish boils, or impromptu barbeques.
- My husband is an amazing cook, and has pretty much ruined my old favorites of eating out because I prefer his cooking! If I could Waitr in a complete meal, it might include Ruffinos crabmeat cheesecake, bread from The Little Village, garlic eggplant from Omi, potatoes from Texas de Brazil, steak from Ruth's Chris, and dessert from Ambrosia. Life goals of a 3,000 calorie meal...
MEET MORE MEMBERS