Trinity Episcopal Church in Baton Rouge is taking up a collection to be delivered to Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley (the organization that is partnering with Episcopal Migration Ministries in south Texas). Catholic Charities RGV operates the Humanitarian Respite Center to assist people seeking asylum who have been released into the US by immigration authorities at the bus terminal in McAllen, Texas.
The St. Luke's family can help by bringing the items listed below to church on Sundays (or the church office during the week) until August 23. We will deliver to Trinity each week. If you have any questions please contact Tyler deFrances at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items should be new or VERY gently used (shoes or clothes only). The items needed are:
* Toiletries for men and women (deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, etc)
* Shoes (sandals, tennis shoes, loafers, etc) for men, women, children and infants of all sizes
* Clothes (pants, t-shirts, blouses, underclothing, etc) for children and adults of all sizes
* Baby supplies for toddlers (Pampers, baby wipes, baby bottles, etc.)
* Sealed snack food (granola bars, chips, peanut butter & cheese crackers, etc)
* Gift cards to purchase food items
* Phone cards
* Plastic bags for families to pack sandwiches, snacks, and water for their trip