Worship at St. Luke's
• Holy Eucharist at 8 am, 9 am, 11:10 am, and 5:30 pm. Descriptions below.
• When there is a 5th Sunday in the month, we combine the 9 am and 11:10 am services for a 10:30 am service.
• Children's Chapel offered during the 9 am service, ages 4-8.
• Nursery available from 8:30 am until 12:30 pm, ages newborn to 4.
• When school is in session, Holy Eucharist at 8:30 am on Wednesday.
• Healing Service at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, too.
Rite I Eucharist: 8am & 5:30pm
These traditional services are, in part, a continuation from the 1928 Prayer Book. Rite I has retained the traditional language of "thee" and "thou" while making a few updates in the language of some of the prayers.
The 8 am service has some music from The Hymnal 1982. The 5:30 pm service is typically less formal and does not have any music.
Contemporary Rite II Eucharist: 9 am
The 9 am service offers contemporary language and a mix of traditional hymns with more contemporary christian praise music. We also have a Family Choir and Band who lead the congregation in singing anthems. This service is a wonderful mixture of tradition with a more casual feel.
Traditional Rite II Eucharist: 11:10 am
This service is our traditional Anglo-Catholic Rite II Eucharist featuring traditional hymnody and Anglican chant. The choir at this service also features students from the music program at LSU.