We hate to see her go, but our precious parish secretary is retiring and we are searching for the right candidate to fill her shoes.
Please share this content.
Should you or anyone you know be interested, please reach out directly to the Rector, the Reverend Dr. Bryan Owen at (225) 926-5343, ext. 232, or via email at email@example.com.
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
8833 Goodwood Boulevard
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70806
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Rector
HOURS PER WEEK: 32
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
This position is the “face and voice” of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church to the public and to parishioners.
The responsibilities of the Parish Secretary include:
● Answer all phone calls and route calls appropriately.
● Greet and welcome parishioners and other visitors to the church office.
● Assist St. Luke’s parishioners with their concerns.
● Prepare Sunday bulletins, as well as bulletins for special services such as funerals and weddings.
● Communicate the monthly lay ministry schedule.
● Utilize church software: ○ Maintain church records using ACS Realm, including in/out parish transfers and updates to all birth, baptism, confirmation, marriage, death, and service attendance records.
● Prepare baptism and confirmation certificates.
● Maintain a database of ministry members with contact information.
● Assist with preparing the annual Parochial Report.
● Schedule the use of church facilities. The Parish Secretary must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, Excel, and Word.
The Parish Secretary will also perform other duties as directed by the Rector.
All work associated with this position is expected to be performed at the St. Luke’s Church office located at 8833 Goodwood Blvd., unless prior permission is given by the Rector.
Hours worked beyond those scheduled require prior approval by the Rector.
Revised in March 2021