The Diocese of Louisiana has established carefully thought-through guidelines to receive the Holy Eucharist during the Coronavirus. Please read these carefully and help us keep you our neighbor safe and healthy.
Receiving Holy Communion - All baptized Christians are welcome to receive Communion in The Episcopal Church.
· Everyone is required to use hand sanitizer before receiving the Eucharist
· Please come forward to the altar rail as the Ushers direct you and take an individual Communion cup from the tray
· A separate tray of gluten-free hosts are available
· Parents, please assist your children in taking a Communion cup
· If you are with someone who needs assistance walking, please take a cup for them also
· Please refrain from kneeling and return to your pew directly after taking a Communion cup
· Please consume the Eucharist in your pew and then place the Communion cup in the receptacle in front of you (or next to you if you are seated in a front pew)
· Use hand sanitizer again once you have consumed the Sacrament
· If you happen to drop the Communion cup before you return to your pew, please pick it up, dispose of it in a receptacle, and take another from the tray